ShuttersDirect offers exterior shutters in stationary
decorative vinyl and working wood or PVC.
Vinyl shutters attach directly to the exterior walls
and are available in 15
Working shutters are hinged to the exterior window jamb
and fold in to cover windows.
ShuttersDirect also offers a wide
variety of hurricane protection.
CHECK OUT OUR LIST OF CONSIDERATIONS AND
CHARACTERISTICS OF EXTERIOR SHUTTERS
- If you are in the design stage, we
suggest you plan for the installation by insuring there
will be clear space for the Colonial shutters on each
side of an opening.
- If you are purchasing high-quality
windows, the impact-approved glass can be considered in
lieu of any additional storm shutter product. Keep in
mind, though, the glass can break if struck by debris
during a storm and is expensive to replace. The Bahama
Shutter when used as a decorative product over windows
with impact glass will receive additional protection
that may prevent the damage to even impact glass.
- All manner of custom shapes such as
arches or angles or curves are possible with colonial
- Obstructions such as exterior lights
should be considered when evaluating an opening for
surface mount installation. Remember the Colonial style
shutter needs space to the side of each opening for the
- Decorative banding around a window or
door using non structural products may require special
- Lap-style siding in vinyl or wood
creates a non-smooth surface may require additional
- Extremely popular and adds to the
charm of your home.
- Architecturally pleasing
- Easy to install on any existing home
- Easy operation from inside or
outside the home or office
- Provides excellent security
- Versatile protection that adds to
the look of your home
- Arches, angles and cured tops
- Colonial shutters provide excellent
privacy, light control when in the closed position.
- Medium sound control
- Convenient Light control
- Improved insulation from heat and